Our SEO offering is really taking off and we are looking for someone with strong SEO expertise to help us executive interesting, high performing campaigns. If you know your way around a website and have a passion for organic rankings, but are looking for something a bit different, you're our kind of person. We are happy for you to work part time, full time, or even a 9 day fortnight. You might be a return to work parent, a student, or just someone looking to get out of the usual agency grind!
This role involves executing great campaigns (campaign setup, optimisation, and analysis for outstanding performance), making data-led decisions, helping with our automation and tech stacks, and getting a holistic view across the entire media landscape. There is also scope to grow and work across other digital channels depending on your experience and preference. As a new growing agency, you’ll get in on the ground floor and be able to have input into our methodology, processes, and culture.
You will be working directly with our multi channel Paid Media experts, our Content Strategy Lead and GM on Tier 1 clients that are digitally transformed from a traditional background, and some digital native brand new product launch clients. Our clients skew to the Home and Lifestyle category, such as Simonds Homes, but not entirely.
You have a hands-on approach, passion for learning, and an understanding of the media landscape. You love working in a small, close-knit team and can effectively communicate your ideas around optimisations and recommendations that generate real results. You love a data-led approach with a growth mindset, and don’t mind having a go and trying something new.
- Measure, monitor and maximise clients organic search traffic.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement onsite and offsite improvements to clients websites.
- Act as the internal champion for accessibility, mobile-usability and site-speed as it relates to organic traffic movement.
- Provide SEO guidance as part of the development of new products, or changes to existing sites and products.
- Collaborate with colleagues responsible for content, design, and development to deliver World-class SEO performance with a focus on driving real business outcomes.
- Monitor website speed metrics and work with design and development team members to drive ongoing improvements
- Audit and update pages’ meta data and Schema markup as needed.
- Monitor off site search engine ranking signals and analyse competitor activity to assess opportunities and threats.
- Keep up to date with SEO and Content Marketing trends and research, as well as the impacts of the changing search engine environment and emerging technologies on our SEO strategy.
- Ensure compliance of all SEO activities with organisational policies and standards and with relevant statutory requirements.
- Report on key SEO metrics to stakeholders across the business.
- Work with internal teams to brainstorm and develop content ideas based on business priorities, opportunities, input and direction.
- Ability to drive multiple, simultaneous projects in a results focused environment.
Qualifications and experience
- A track record of producing actionable recommendations and successful SEO outcomes in competitive niches.
- Strong understanding of core search engine concepts - crawling, indexing, ranking signals etc.
- Experience with a variety of SEO and Analytics tools, including Screaming Frog, Semrush, ahrefs, Moz, Searchmetrics, BrightEdge, Google Search Console, PageSpeed Insights, Lighthouse, the Chrome UX report, AWR Cloud, Authority Labs, WebPageTest, or relevant equivalents.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, and JS, and how these can affect search engine crawling, and SEO performance.
- Demonstrated experience with Technical SEO audits and optimisation strategies.
- Skilled communicator with the ability to be creative in developing new ways to solve business problems and derive actionable insights from site and competitor data.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to work independently and comfort with learning new software programs.
- A good understanding of business and marketing principles.
- Familiarity with Agile development practices in a digital marketing environment is a bonus.
What we offer you
- Brand new Sandringham office with beach views
- Small company with a truly great culture
- Option for hybrid working (2-3 days in office per week)
- Ability and support to learn and grow, with dedicated training budget
- Many Publisher-supported lunches and activities!
All applicants must already be based in Australia with permission to work in Australia.
Please note, this is not a fully remote role. Please only apply if you are able to attend our Sandringham office 2-3 per week.